The reason students are preferring to get a government job is very clear after the recession that occured in the year 2008. Students are more worried about their job security and future. Government employees have their own perks against private sector employees. Few which are in the limelight are job security, less work stress, fixed increments, promotions, more number of paid holidays and pension continues even after retirement and death. In order to get government jobs in various sector like Banking Officer, revenue officer, post office, IAS etc BYJU’S is offering best online courses for such competitive exams like UPSC. So today, we will tell you How To Crack Public Sector Jobs 2018? Before starting your UPSC preparation for CSE, it is important to know the UPSC exam pattern.
How To Crack Public Sector Jobs 2018?
Here are few government jobs for the year 2018- 2019:
|Qualification||Post||Organisation name||Vacancies||Last date|
|12th certificate||Head constable||Border Security Force (BSF)||162||3rd Sept|
|12th / Graduate degree||AFCAT||IAF||182||15th July|
|Engineering degree||GM, DGM||MEGA||2 approx||20th July|
|12th / Graduate degree||CTET||CBSE||varies||19th July|
|Graduate degree||Officer – Grade B||Reserve Bank of India||102||23rd July|
|12th certificate||Constable||HP Police||1073||21st July|
|Graduate degree||Junior assistant/ Senior assistant||AAI (Airport authority of India)||186||17th July|
|12th certificate||Navik (General Duty)||Indian Coast Guard||100+||10th July|
|10th certificate||Constable||CRPF||2945||10th July|
|Matriculation||Sub Inspector/ Deputy Commandant||SSB||335||13th March|
|Engineer graduate||NDA/Naval academy/ Lecturer||UPSC||236||12th July|
Benefits of having a government job and to How To Crack Public Sector Jobs 2018?
- On time salary – Government employees get their salaries on time each and every month of the year. Whether the country is in economic crises or milk and honey is flowing on the streets, it does not matter. On the other hand in most of the private sectors salary can be delayed. Also, if the company goes bankrupt the PF and other invested money is lost
- Pension – You get complete insurance of your life as you get pension until you die. Even after your death your spouse or family is still eligible for the pension. No private job offers you pension. An government employee can retire peacefully without bothering about future
- Work hours & stress – Less workload and lot of free time. When compared to private sector government employees have to work for lesser hours and in case if they work more than the usual time they get paid extra which may or may not be the same with private company employees
- Holidays – Number of holidays especially paid holidays is more than private sector
- Allowance – Along with the basic salary government employees get DA, TA, HRA etc. You can travel anywhere in the country with concession
- Promotion – Guaranteed timely promotions and annual increments regardless of their performance
- Free healthcare and housing facility – All health checkups, complicated surgeries that could cost around thousands and lakhs of rupees are for free. Also, free housing as you don’t have to worry about rented house if you are a government employee
Few tips for UPSC preparation:
- Timetable – Plan your schedule and prepare a good timetable. Make sure to follow once you have prepared it
- Books – Buy most recommended books and take up courses from the top online learning app like BYJU’S. Make notes and focus on the basic concepts and make them very strong
- Revision – Study and revise regularly. Keep in touch with the concepts frequently; it should be a part of your timetable
- Utilise spare time – Read newspapers, magazines to keep yourself updated with the news and current affairs. Also keep writing to increase your speed
- Practice test – Solve previous year question papers, take up mock test
UPSC conducts Civil service examination which is one of the toughest All India examination in the country. There are many UPSC preparation Apps which help you with online courses like BYJU’S which is India’s largest education company and is the largest k-12 learning App in India. It includes courses for government competitive exams like UPSC.
To know more about UPSC preparation and UPSC exam pattern and how to crack public sector jobs 2018, subscribe to our BYJU’S YouTube channel