NDA 2017: Application Form, Eligibility and Exam Date
The National Defence Academy is a prime institution and it is a certification of universal excellence in the sphere of military education. Every year they are millions of aspirants aspiring to serve the country by joining to any of these services namely the Navy, the Army and the Air Force. NDA is one of the first tri-service academies in the world.
Candidates may access the academy by qualifying a national NDA 2017 – National Level Entrance Examination. Every year this exam is conducted twice and they are organized by UPSC – Union Public Service Commission. The first exam of NDA 2017 will be conducted on twenty-third April 2017 (23-04-2017) and NDA (2) will be conducted on September tenth (10-09-2017).
Exam Dates – NDA 2017
|Important Events||NDA (1) Exam Dates||NDA (2) Exam Dates|
|Release of Notification||18-01-2017||17-06-2017|
|Release of Application Form||18-01-2017||07-06-2017|
|Last day to submit the application form||10-02-2017||07-06-2017|
|The Release of Admit Cards||Announced one or two weeks before the examination date.||Announced one or two weeks before the examination date.|
|Date of Examination||23-04-2017||10-09-2017|
|Announcement of results||In the month of May – 2017||In the month of October – 2017|
- The candidates must be a citizen of Bhutan, Nepal, and India.
- The candidates have cleared higher secondary or equivalent to it from a recognized board.
- The aspirants interested in joining Air Force and Indian Navy has cleared higher secondary or university with Physics & Mathematics from a recognized board as compulsory papers.
- The candidates who have born between 02-01-1998 and 01-01-2017 are eligible to apply for the examination.
- Female candidates are not allowed to apply for NDA examination. The candidates applying for NDA examination must be unmarried.
- A candidate who wears spectacles habitually is not eligible for applying.
Application Form and Application Fees
- NDA 2017 Application Form can be filled and submitted through online procedure.
- Application forms can be downloaded by visiting UPSC official website. There one will find a registration link. Click on the link read the instructions carefully and then fill the form.
- Ensure that the details filled in the form are accurate and in a complete format.
- After the submission of application form, the application fees can be paid through offline or online mode.
- Make sure to take a copy of confirmation page once you are completed with fees process.
- The application fees for OBC and general students is Rs.100/-
The Admit Card for will be released by the authority prior to two or three weeks from the examination date. The aspirants can download the admit card through the official portal of UPSC. The Admit cards are available only through online. It is mandatory to get admission card to the examination hall.
The selection process comprises of three stages.
- A medical review issued by command hospital.
- Written Examination.
- Personal interview.
The personal interview will be conducted at SSB centres allotted by SSC. The candidates selected in this round will be eligible to attend for Medical review.
SSB Selection stage comprises of two stages. Stage 1 includes of picture perception, description test, and officer intelligence rating test. The candidates will be selected based on performance in all three tests. Stage 2 includes of group testing officer task, conference, and interview and psychology tests.
Exam Pattern – NDA 2017
- The question paper consists of two parts namely General Ability and Math The General Ability section comprises of 150 questions in total with the scoring of six hundred marks (600). The other section comprises of 120 questions comprising of 300 marks. There will be a negative marking for each wrong answer.
- The time limit for section 1 will be 150 minutes and section 2 will be 150 minutes.
- The total for the examination will be 900.
- The exam will be held through offline mode.
NDA Answer key
The answer key will be published within one month of after the successful examination NDA 2017.
NDA 2017 Syllabus
As mentioned earlier NDA exam consists of two sections. The General Ability Test section will contain questions from different concepts namely Current Events, General Science, General Knowledge, Physics, Chemistry, English, and Geography.
Tips for NDA Preparation
Refer NCERT textbooks that would help you to get a clear cut idea about various concepts. Class 10th books can be referred for Economics, Biology, Political Science, Geography, and History. The Class 12th books can be referred to physics and math sections. The candidates must be updated with current affairs.