SSC CGL Tier I 2016: One of the most popular and most sought after exams in the country, conducted every year by The Selection Staff Commission (SSC) known as Combined Graduate Level Tier 1, is all set to release the admit card on 16th August.
The commission will be conducting, the SSC CGL Tier 1 exam from 27 August to 11 September 2016 in 2-3 batches per day. The admit card for which is scheduled to be released on 16th August. Once the admit card is announced, you can download it from the link shared below on this post. we have shown the easy process to download the admit card.
Note: From this year, the commission will not be sending the admit card to home address, you must download from the official site.
SSC CGL Tier I 2016: Admit Cards Download To Starts From August 16
All those candidates who had applied for the SSC CGL Tier I 2016 were waiting for the admit card, the recent notification from the SSC main site suggest that, SSC CGL Tier I 2016 admit card will be available from 16th August.
Recently a notification has been issued from the commission related to the release of the SSC CGL Tier 1 Admit Cards 2016. The notification suggests, aspirants whose Combined Graduate Level Examination (CGLE) 2016 tier-I is scheduled to be held from August 27 to September 4, 2016 can download their admit cards from August 16.
On the other hand, for those candidates whose tier-I exam is scheduled to be held from September 6, 2016 to September 11, 2016 will be able to get the admit cards from August 27 on wards.
More information related to the candidate’s name, father’s name, address, registration number, roll number, date and shift of their examination, city of examination will be available from August 12 on the official website @ http://ssc.nic.in/
Candidates can read the full notification fro here: http://ssc.nic.in/SSC_WEBSITE_LATEST//notice/notice_pdf/cgl16_admission_certificate_09082016.pdf to access the official notification.
SSC CGL Tier I 2016 Exam pattern
From this year, the exam pattern has undergone a change and now contains 4 stages in total (Tier I, Tier II, Tier-III and Tier IV). From this year, The SSC CGL Tier I &Tier II test are both online and will held across the country. Where as The SSC CGL Tier III is new addition from this year and descriptive will be conducted in paper & pen mode. In the last process (CPT/DEST) after which candidates proceed towards the final selection of the post. From this year there will be no interview.
The commission has divided admit card download process in two parts:
Admit card for aspirants whose Tier-I exam is scheduled to be held from August 27, 2016 to September 4, 2016 will be available on the website for downloading w.e.f. 16.8.2016.
Admit card for aspirants whose Tier-I exam is scheduled to be held from September 6, 2016 to September 11, 2016 will be available on the website for downloading w.e.f. 27.8.2016.
Please check that your admit card contains the following details as advised by the SSC
Details of the candidates viz.
(2) Father’s Name
(4) Registration Number
(5) Roll Number
(6) Date & Shift of their Examination
(7) City of Examination will be made available.
SSC CGL Tier I 2016 Exam Date –
Timing for 27.8.2016 to 29.8.2016 (two Batches per day)
- First Batch : 10.00 AM – 11.15 AM
- Second Batch : 4.15 PM – 5.30 PM
Timing for 30.8.2016 to 11.9.2016 (three Batches per day)
- First Batch: 10.00 AM – 11.15 AM
- Second Batch: 1.15 PM – 2.30 PM
- Third Batch: 4.15PM – 5.30 PM
Download admit card from Here
Few other changes made by the commission in SSC CGL 2016
The commission had reserved the right to make changes in the SSC CGL exam scheme, some of which includes conducting Tier-I and Tier-II test in online mode, while conducting Tier-I examination as only qualifying etc.
The important points of this revised scheme of exam are,
- Tier I & II are computer based tests.
- In Tier I, it will consists of 100 questions for 200 marks with duration of 75 minutes.
- While Tier II test will have no changes related to marks or time limit.
- From this year onwards, Tier III is introduced. Tier III is descriptive paper on Hindi or English language for 100 marks.
- Based on the overall performance in Tier I, II & III, Final merit list to be prepared.
- Sectional cutoffs are not there, but must qualify in each tier separately.
Tire 1 Exam contains of the following four sections:
- General Intelligence & Reasoning (25 questions)
- General Awareness (25 questions)
- Quantitative Aptitude (25 questions)
- English Comprehension (25 questions)
From 2016, the SSC has introduced a Descriptive Paper of English/Hindi as Tier – III. You will get the option to chose any one medium. The commission has made changes in number of duration, questions, mode of exam & etc.
Tier-II Exam Pattern of the SSC CGL 2016
Exam will be Same as published in the first notice of the Examination: These are Objective Type Multiple Choice
- Paper-I & II are compulsory for all the categories of posts.
- Paper-III is only for those candidates who apply for the post of Statistical Investigator Gr.II & Compiler.
- Paper IV is only for those candidates who apply for the post of Assistant Audit Officer.
SSC CGL exam 2016: Tier: III Exam Pattern : Mode of examination: Pen and Paper mode
This year, the commission has introduced a Descriptive Paper of English/Hindi as Tier – III. The candidates will have the option to choose any one medium.
Negative marking: There will be negative marking of 0.50 for each wrong answer in Tier-I.
In Tier-II, there will be negative marking of 0.25 marks in Paper-II and 0.50 marks in Paper-I and Paper-III for each wrong answer.
SSC CGL 2016 Vacancy : Tentative List
- Assistant Audit Officer Group B: 1000
- Auditor: 200
- Assistant Section Officer: 112
- Assistant: 20
- Inspector of Income Tax: 324
- Asstt. Enforcement Officer: 78
- Sub Inspectors: 91
- Inspector: 106
- Accountant: 150
- Statical Investigator Gr.-II: 196
- Accountant/Junior Accountant: 1090
- UDC: 160
- Tax Assistant: 659
- Sub-Inspector(Narcotics): 14
For more updates, stay connected with us, you can like our Facebook Page which gets updated everyday.